Skip to main content

Knowledge is Power

Today’s edition of Priority Pulse may seem a bit elementary, but a refresher might be a good thing – especially if you either overindulged watching Sunday’s Super Bowl or the result didn’t go your way.  Below, I’ve included a Loan Application Checklist.  Can you correctly explain why each item is required?  You need a “C” or higher to pass – if you don’t, we can give you some tutoring.
PROPERTY INFORMATION (if you already have a house)
oPurchase agreement
oIf you are selling your current home, copy of listing and/or contract
oIf you have sold your current home in the last 6 months, copy of settlement statement (HUD 1)
INCOME AND ASSETS
oPay stubs for the last 30 days – most recent
For the last two years:
oNames and addresses of each employer – for full two years
oW-2s / 1099s
oStatements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment accounts for last three months (ALL pages)
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:
oExplanation and source for deposit
If large deposit was a gift:
oSigned gift letter (lender can supply)
oCopy of gift check
oCopy of deposit receipt
If you own more than 25% of a business:
oCorporate or partnership tax returns
oPersonal tax returns (all schedules)
If you own rental property:
oTax returns (all schedules) for the last two years and current rental agreements
oYear-to-date Profit and Loss
Retired, Disabled, Social Security:
oPension Award Letter
oSocial Security Award Letter
oDisability – provide proof of three year continuance
If you are counting child support as income:
oCopy of divorce settlement or child support order
oCopy of child birth certificate
oProof that money has been received for the last 12 months
Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:
oLate payments, charge-off collections, judgments, and/or liens
oBankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers)
oIf renting, need landlord name and phone number
oInquiry letter
VA LOANS
oCopy of Form DD-214, Report of Separation
MISCELLANEOUS
oPhoto ID and proof of Social Security Number
oResidence addresses for the past two years – ALL
oIf you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card or visa
oName and number for home owners insurance
oDisclosures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Indelible Lesson

This is a reprint from about nine months ago, but I thought the timing is right to revisit this subject.   Recently, I saw this gentleman at the gym whose upper body was almost entirely covered in tattoos.   I struck up a conversation with him and learned that it took well over 100 hours, and it cost $85/hour.   As we continued to chat, I was doing the math in my head: $85 X 100 hours = $8,500 !   Being the mortgage geek that I am, my next thought was, “I’m staring at a walking, talking down payment on a house!”   There’s a huge misconception floating out there that 20% is required as a down payment.   There are those products that do require such an amount, but there are so many others that don’t.   A very popular loan option only requires 3.5%.   In the case of my new gym acquaintance, $8,500 represents a 3.5% down payment on a $242,000 mortgage – that’s not a palace, but that amount of money could buy a modest home in a nice neighborho...

The Beauty of Ugly

There’s an old saying, “A face only a mother could love.”   (I can assure you it was invented centuries before I was born.)   That saying, though, does remind me of the actor Steve Buscemi .   Most everyone knows he’s made a career for himself being the “weird looking guy” in movies, and I’m going to take a wild guess and say his paychecks have been healthy enough to buy a couple of houses.   With that said, though, I’m sure in very short order, he realized that he wouldn’t be winning the parts of Ethan Hunt in “Mission: Impossible” or Logan in “X Men” – he sought out what he thought was available and reachable. Ideally, most of us want the brand new house that no one has lived in before us or the beautifully maintained house that has a fully remodeled kitchen and newly expanded master bathroom.   Conversely, we’re not walking around and saying to ourselves and anyone wh o will listen, “I want the house that had a small fire on the back half of it twel...

Be a Breed Apart (Posted October 3, 2016)

Driving along a local road recently, I spied a sign that read “Dog Waste Removal Service” with a phone number handwritten below.   Somewhat bemused by this advertisement, I began to guess at its meaning.   Is this is a service that comes into a home and cleans up after your Shih Tzu has a weekend-long kegger , and the new boss is coming over for dinner tonight?   Failing that, the other mental image I got was of two guys hip deep in someone’s backyard just shoveling load after load into a large dump truck.   Either way, two questions leapt to mind: (1) How many friends can Chairman (Bow) Wow have, and did he invite ALL of them over last weekend?   (2) How much fiber are these people feeding their dogs? Regardless of the answers to these questions, it’s clear that we’ve fully played our hand in the universe.   We’re done!   We’re obviously starting to go backwards.   Humankind has broken the hold of earth’s gravitational forces and escaped our...